The Maryland Horsemen's Assistance Fund, Inc. is a 501c-3 charitable organization originally established in 1947 to provide financial assistance for extraordinary circumstances to eligible employees actively working at Maryland race tracks and/or thoroughbred farms. The Fund is supported by fines levied by the Stewards and by the Maryland Racing Commission, and private donations.
The Benefits Coordinator administers the Fund as instructed and authorized by a governing Board of Directors, which consists of owners, trainers and industry officials. Members of the Board of Directors furnish their services without compensation.
How To Request Assistance:
To request any assistance you must adhere to the following:
To be eligible a Backstretch or Thoroughbred Farm Employee must:
- Have a current MRC license.
- Be currently employed for a minimum of six (6) months in Maryland.
- Be in need of financial assistance, and be prepared to show proof of income and expenses.
- Contact the Benefits Coordinator before seeking any type of service.
- Fill out the appropriate forms.
- Be approved by the Benefits Coordinator or the Board of Directors via the Benefits Coordinator.
For information or assistance please call (410) 902-6843.
Timonium: (410) 252-0200
The Maryland Horsemen's Assistance Fund, Inc. welcomes donations. Consider a donation to the MHAF, the 501c-3 charity that gives to those in need.
To make a donation, make checks payable to the Maryland Horsemen's Assistance Fund, Inc. and forward to:
Maryland Horsemen's Assistance Fund
500 Redland Court - Suite 105
Owings Mills, Maryland 21117